View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karen191979

No sex drive ad libido

Hi,

I posted this thread in the Men’s room as I was unaware of the rules. Had it shifted to newcomers where someone suggested that I post it here...

My boyfriend (40 years old) quit drinking 1 year back, marijuana 6 months back and cigarettes 4 months back. The last time we had any kind of sexual intimacy was about 7 months back. (Before that I got pregnant, had an abortion and had a false pregnancy scare) I was wondering if his lack of interest in sex is related to his quitting addictions and how long this is likely to last or is it something else? I want to be there for him and give him time and space to figure it out but the lack of intimacy is driving me nuts (he cuddles me and sleeps but will flinch if I kiss him or try and make any sexual overtures). Is there anything I can do to make him interested in sex again or do I just need to give time and how much?
I have suggested therapy to him but he doesn’t seem keen to go. He is doing this on his own without any outside support.
I love him very much and want to be with him but don’t understand what’s going on and am at my wits end.