View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Not sure if this counts as "words of encouragement", but your ex sounds EXACTLY like mine. Even the "quite frankly" phrasing - I have learned that those words are a signal that whatever comes next is going to be a major quack/lie/deflection. And going straight to anger: "this problem is all YOUR doing, YOU are the one who is standing between me and my kids". No, dude, your habit of getting drunk and doing dangerous things is the issue. Who owns this problem?

I think people like this want it all - they want to be able to drink at will (which leads to things like car crashes) AND to have fun times with their kids. Anyone who says you can't have both - if you choose drinking you have to give up unrestricted parenting - makes them angry because you're getting between them and what they want. If you would just go away, they could have both!

Hang tough. You are organized and effective, you aren't letting this nonsense paralyze you. Supervised or monitored visits are the way to go. You are doing the right thing!