Old 09-09-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissOverIt

What if I drank every drink in this restaurant?

My husband and I were out last night at one of my favorite little restaurants and I had a great seat with my back to a main wall/window and I could see the whole restaurant. While we were waiting for our tapas I started visualizing all the patrons disappearing and all I could see was each one of their drinks left on the tables and bar. Full wine glasses, frosty crafted cocktails and small sipping spirits, that's all that was left.

At that point my imagination knew what to do. Get up and drink every glass. I could steadily and relatively quickly, move around the swanky U shaped bar finishing each drink. Then move to the booths and tables. The restaurant isn't huge but definitely not tiny and I know I could finish them all. And when I was done I would still want more.

I shared the bizarre thought with husband and we both laughed nervously. Too much truth in it to be carelessly funny at this point in my sobriety. BUT WHO THINKS THAT WAY??! Us I guess. Wow.

I'm so grateful to be on this side of the fight today and hope you are too- or trying your best. Much love and have a great Sunday!!

Erica