View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
batchel9

Help! What would you do?

I have shared custody of my 4 and 6 year old boys with XAH. He is required to use soberlink when with them but he is only mildly consistent with it and if he has had anything, comes up with all sorts of excuses as to why he can’t blow (lost it, cough syrup, you name it).

He was involved in a very scary accident yesterday. The kids were with me. I know he was drunk but there is no proof of that yet. Blood work was done at the hospital but it sounds like the police do not get that data until the prosecuter subpoenas it. He claims he only had one beer (eye roll).

He is supposed to get the kids today for the weekend. I hear he is out of the hospital but have not talked to him. The police did contact me as follow up to the accident yesterday and they had some disturbing details. I don’t want my kids going to him this weekend which means breaking the order.

I called Friend of the Court and they said there was nothing I could do but break the order. Worst case he could file a contempt of court compliant and I would have to explain myself in front of the judge. Which seems really easy. I think I am going to keep the kids.

Also, I think at this point I need to go back into court and ask for a custody change. I haven’t decided to what though? No overnights? Supervised only? Both? He hasn’t technically screwed up too bad with the kids. Just is clearlyyyy unstable and showing extreme lack of bad decision making.

Just need some input on how other folks have handled any similar situations. And words of encouragement because I’m exhausted. Thanks!