View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

To: Time2Surrender

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
No offense,but I see a lot of anger in this post.And it's very understandable.I am so sorry to hear what your step dad did.Hopefully this is something that can evenually be worked out through the steps of Narcotics Anonymous.The thought of "fighting" to stay clean everyday just doesnt sound like it's for me.I have tried it.At one time my user name here at SoberRecovery was "NeverSurrender" Ever since I made a decision to surrender to God and to recovery,my life has become much easier and so has staying clean.
I'm sure there is some anger in my post ... I wrote it shortly after losing a loved one to addiction ... he had tried to get clean on different occassions, but always relasped ... he didn't fight for his life ... he didn't fight the cravings he gave into them .... he listened to the cunning and deceiveing voice of addiction ... he didn't fight ...

The road to recovery is pathed with battles (the battles are what helps you to build your strength) you know surrenderence is a two way street .. and when the old tapes play over in your head or dope starts calling your name ... if you don't fight ... you might find yourself at the mercy of your addiction ...

In my opinion a recovering addicts worst enemy is complacency.
Passion