View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Michsm View Post
Hello! I divorced my AXH about a month ago. He would binge starting on Friday when he got off work until he passed out Saturday evening, then Sunday was his recovery day. He never missed a day of work which is amazing to me. He could easily drink 20+ beers a day if not more. If he had a day off, he would start that day and last until he woke up on Sunday. Of course, he never wanted to go anywhere on the weekends because then it would mess with his drinking. My question is how did he not drink during the week? How can he overcome those cravings but couldn’t stop the cravings on the weekends? Is it because he knew he would be drinking? Say it was a Monday, did he tell himself I only have 5 days than I can drink? He defiantly was not drinking during the week.
I had this pattern. I overcame the cravings on workdays because I had to. It was desperately difficult but I did it. I had workouts and a career.

I could manage to not drink. It was just that once I started, I could never manage to stop.