View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Red78

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Thank heavens for this group, online meetings and the lovely lady on the AA helpline that I have been talking to.

To think that 19 hours ago I was looking on my phone for 'pain free ways to die'. Thankfully my internet went down and during the time I was offline I decided to get stuck into this group PROPERLY and to speak to AA to check when meetings are.

My son goes back to Uni tomorrow and I know he will be worried about me - especially as I spent a few hours in hospital on Thursday night with withdrawal symptoms. Our local A&E closes at 6.30 pm so we had to get a cab to one about 50 minutes away. I was released just after midnight so we were stuck in that city with enough money for a couple of coffees and the bus home - bearing in mind the first bus wasn't until 5:30 am. We basically haunted McDonalds!

Despite getting that bad, I drank last night. And my son wept. Literally wept. Even so he made me a cup of tea before he went off to his Saturday job. He has text me through the day to say he loves me and said he is proud of me for finding out the local AA meetings.

I am going to do this. My son needs to go to Uni and not have to worry. I have promised him so many times so the proof can only be in the actions.

Just thought I should be honest and add the meat to the bones I mentioned earlier. Anna kindly found the post with all the tips, suggestions, plans so been reading that while listening to an online meeting.

I am hoping that at the end of the month we will all still be here and good luck everyone xx
Your post has made me cry, both for you and your son.. We are all here to help and lean on each other to get through this, please come here 1st startanew if you think you may drink and ask for help to get through the crave..