Old 08-31-2018, 02:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

There are other options for support, to handle the things in life that we find difficult. AA isn't the only thing out there- you can go inpatient or outpatient. You can find a therapist. You can learn how to meditate. You can learn yoga or take breathwork therapy. Singing bowl therapy. You can find a hobby or job that fulfills you. It's not just about "not drinking."
Once we stop drinking the chaos settles down a bit but life doesn't just magically get easier and it sounds like that is what you are expecting. Life still happens, and you will still have ups and downs, especially that first year. I had a very hard time the first year but now, almost 16 months sober I can tell you that it was the best decision I ever made. And getting sober is the only reason I am doing other things like developing my spiritual side. I learned Reiki. I made the best friends in the world in a spiritual development class. I am pursuing my dreams. I couldn't have done any of that if I was still drinking.

Your addiction is trying to convince you that drinking is better than sobriety but I think if you really examine that inside of you, you know that it simply isn't true. You wouldn't be here if it was.