View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mamabear26

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i'd say you got a "good" deal, compared to how things could have gone. i know you are worried, but the agreement has MANY protections in place, as well as outs if he messes up in some way.

also there are very few months in a year that HAVE a fifth weekend. like 4-5 per year. so there will be many months when he only gets them two times.

he gets them for a few hours at a time......no overnights. yes they can go on "trips" - but they can't go too far within the time frame. and really.....you think dude is going to orchestrate a TRIP to a destination and all that is entailed? also he only gets 2 one day trips beyond the zipcode.

you really are most fortunate....there have been horror stories here from members who got none of these restrictions.
Yes you are right. I guess it's the fear of the unknown. As many of you know dealing with an active alcoholic comes with unpredictability. It sucks that I have still monitor his alcohol in-take when he is with my kids. I just know that I have enforce works on our divorce decree. But overall I know I have a good deal. I guess it will take time to adjust.