View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamabear26

Reality setting in. . .

So today I got an email from my lawyer's office asking me to review the final judgement for our divorce. As I am going through this I'm excited to finally be fully free from this horrible man but then I get to part regarding visitation with the kids then my stomach turns. I regret agreeing to letting him take 2 out of town trips a year. I began to cry because I am already worrying about this. My kids have never been out of the county without me. I dont have any type of trust in my STBAXH or his family. But I try to remind myself that it's better than him keeping them over night. Reminder of the stipulations regarding visitation:

1. Visitation on the 1st, 3rd, 5th weekend from 8am-4pm.
2. No alcohol intake 12 hours prior and during visitation.
3. No alcohol present while children are visiting.
4. Respondent is subject to alcohol testing [Location of testing site inserted]. After 3 failed test, visitation will be supervised.
5. Respondent is able to take 2 yearly trips with minor children. Time will be extended to 7pm on those days.
6. No overnight visits.
7. The following family members are permitted to accompany Respondent/ Father and minor children on trips: {List of all people who live with him in the house: XMIL, XFIL, XBIL, nephew and XBIL's girlfriend**.
8. Respondent/Father must be present during the entire visit.
9. If children are ill they will stay in the mother's care.
10. Joint legal and sole physical to mother.

I want this divorce to be over I just wish the visitation schedule would stay the same as it is for now. I know I am doing the right thing by agreeing to letting him take them out of town for the day but this is so hard. I just need some positive words right now.