View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

I just got back from a 3rd quick camping trip with my daughters before school starts for my youngest. Living in central valley it's 2 hours to coastline! So we have all our camping gear ready to go at any time and we head to the beach.

Not dragging a cooler to the sand every time is freeing, and that sunrise sparkling on the water like diamonds this morning was so beautiful. No hangover or obsessive plans about when to leave, without all the day drinking we can hop in the car to go anytime.

I've been to new Orleans as you all know and look forward to going sober one day...and Wayne I have also been to Destin, years ago. I spent too much time holed up in my condo drinking cases of bud light...was around 2003 and I drank too much then also....but when I did get to the beach, the sand was shockingly white and the water so blue and clear! Amazing beach, so different than what I am used to. Glad you had a good time.

Getting away from it all is really enjoyable, I liked it drinking but now that I am sober, the feeling of vacation is wonderful. It's a true escape from ordinary life.