View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Leelee168

Amusic,

I have first-hand experience with what you are going through. I had to call the police and have my Abusive AF removed from the home in April.

Get a protective order because he is being abusive—and trust me, it will escalate. The lease is in your name and the protective order will keep him away from you wherever you live, now or if you would move at the end of your lease term. Get your locks changed if he has a key. If he shows up at your apartment after you get your order, call the police and have him arrested. If he goes to jail or gets some other sentence, oh well. You are worth it; no one should be abused or have to live in fear.

If you have specific questions about a protective order, PM me. I’m happy to share my experience and help to ease any fears you might have. The laws are different from state to state, but I have to tell you, his actions that night definitely demonstrate how violent he can be. Mine demonstrated very specific violence on the night he left and that is what earned my permanent protection order.

I wish you all the best. Please take good care of yourself.