Old 08-27-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mrtoga

Three Part Illness

So, I put on roughly 50 pounds in four months time (after 10 years of active drinking/drugging) which for the longest time I shamed myself into believing I was overweight (even when I was quite frail, my mind was warped with self-delusion) I have a healthy tan, spending my days working in a greenhouse in a longterm treatment facility, and spending the afternoons swimming or being active.

All the Vitamin D that I was deficient of, hiding out in a room drinking myself to death, really gives me good hair growth, and my face no longer has deep flabs/wrinkles from malnourishment.

I mention the three-part malady of our illness to say that I believe fitness is essential for our recovery. We have used substances as a crutch for so long that our bodies need natural feel-goods to help us stabilize. Even a brisk walk or some light calisthetics almost immediately get me feeling great.

Being a bit of a homebody I know it will be hard to maintain this fitness, but I would highly advise some cardio atleast to get a good sweat, and working on myself always makes me feel better, and it has results that reflect that too!