View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by starstarstar
Perhaps there are ways that others might achieve the same or a similar result and haven’t taken that opportunity yet due to the current methods not working for them?
Hi star, thanks for the article. I personally believe that people quitting substances have the capacity to read all types of materials and make decisions about their path forward. They are addicted to a substance, but they're not idiots or children and reading something isn't going to make them implode.

re: the article...I think that even if this pill was guaranteed to stop my desire to drink, I would not take it. That would make my abstinence contingent on this pill, and what will happen then if I cannot get it for whatever reason? My journey has been not focused on ridding myself of desire/cravings, but rather learning that despite the presence of cravings, I am perfectly capable of abstaining permanently and enjoying my life sans booze.