Old 08-25-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I love ice cream sandwiches, lately I can't stop eating the Hagen Das ice cream sticks. Mmm mmm mmm! Sugar is a total vice of mine that I can't bring myself to give up, it's just so good! I can't be a total saint though, if I've gotta have a vice, it sure is the tastiest one haha.

It really is a better life. This morning I went to visit my grandma who just moved into a retirement home. It's a hard time for her, she's lost her home and her independence and gone to live with people she doesn't know. I'm so happy that I'm sober and present to help her and visit her. When I was drinking there would be no way I would be going to visit her on a Saturday. Friday was my big drinking night, I would have been dying today laying on the couch and stuffing my face with crappy food. Instead I had a really nice visit with her, I got a chance to thank her for the times she took me to classical music shows because I played classical piano as a kid. That was really sweet and thoughtful of her. I was drinking when I lost my other grandparents and I regret that I never took the time to spend time with them. I was too busy drinking.... what a waste. All those years. My kids too. I have chunks of time that I'm missing.

Ah well, at least I've got today, and it's a good day lol