View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
starstarstar

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
this article is interesting to me, I just read it. Thanks for sharing it.

I know that the fact that I cannot stop eating once I start, and that I cannot stop drinking once I start, have always been the same drive. I've always acknowledged both a food addiction and an alcohol addiction. This is interesting and I do wonder how I would respond if blocking my ghrelin production were even possible.

I have accepted the trade-off of overweight with sobriety, I haven't ever been able to be normal weight without alcohol consumption.

Also with enough eating, I can drink moderately. I just never chose that because it made me fat and blunted my alcohol high.

Oh wow... I remember being told not to eat too much before drinking so you get drunk more quickly. At universities of all places. Higher learning? lol

If it interests you something else that occurred in the nineties was that lobbyists were able to influence the medical associations to classify both obesity and alcoholism as diseases.
Both physical and mental.

*** And yeah, Stayingsassy, you’re good!

I’m not trashing medicine or any type of therapy or beliefs here. Not my intention at all. I try to keep my beliefs open and flexible to all possibilities and would prefer that we all do our own research to determine what will work best for ourselves. Sharing our own experiences is all we can really do to help others. IMO

**** editing to add love for The Lorax! Nice signature.