View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
starstarstar

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Most of us around here with some recovery time do not believe a pill of any kind can cure alcoholism. Even the article states this isn't a potential cure. Meds like Campral and Naltrexone already exist and can help curb cravings for some people. They are not intended to encourage people to drink anyway just less often or such, at least by folks around here- generally from our own experiences. And speaking only for myself here, while I do support the use of such meds also believe that use must be combined with action to truly live in recovery, beyond just sobriety.

Respectfully, it is irresponsible and inappropriate to spread this kind of info on a site hat supports sobriety, not reduction of consumption or any similar ways to address a fatally progressive disease.

Okay, that’s your opinion. I don’t see posting the article as irresponsible or inappropriate on a site supporting sobriety. Aren’t there different ways/paths to achieving sobriety/recovery? I don’t know that there’s only one correct way to address or treat any fatally progressive ‘disease’.
I’m not trying to tell someone else what to think or make someone else’s choice/decision on how to go about it.

I just find it interesting and wanted to share. It doesn’t take away from how hard many here had to struggle to achieve sobriety but might lead to a pill or something that helps someone else achieve the same result a bit more comfortably. I don’t see that as a bad thing.

*sorry about sentence structure and so on, I can’t type on my phone