View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
2muchpain

I was at a point in my life where my depression and anxiety pretty much controlled my life. It doesn't matter why, it was just my reality. Just going to work was physically painful. Shopping for groceries was almost impossible. Lived on drive throughs to eat. Felt like I was about to die most of the time, and was ok if that happened. The pain was incredible. I was a recluse.
I think medication is over prescribed, but for me, I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the great doctors that helped me.
Can't speak for others, but for me to have any senblence of a normal life, I have no choice but to take the medications I'm perscribed. Don't like it, cause part of me says that I should be able to just deal with it, but I know it just doesn't work. I'll probably be on medications for the rest of my life and I hate it. But the thought of going back living like a hermit, afraid of my own shadow is just not acceptable. Today, I can go to work dealing with some anxiety, probably more than most, go on trips that I could never pull off, and actually go grocery shopping without feeling I was going to have a heart attack. My advice is to deal with your problems med free if you can. But if you find yourself in my situation, keep an open mind. Nothing to lose. John