View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
kenton

Ooh Bobbi - we'll both be in Orlando at the same time! Hope you and your family have a great holiday. Kennedy Space Centre blew my tiny mind today and naturally I now want to be an astronaut. Apparently they had about a billion applications when they last recruited and took on 12 new astronauts so the odds are stacked against me but I always think it's good to dream big. And how clever are those rocket scientists?? Last week they sent a robot to the sun!! Apparently the robot is going to reach the sun in November. How can people make this happen?? I got lost walking back from the pool yesterday but somehow this robot knows how to get to the sun. It's incredible. And humbling. My kids have spent the whole evening making rockets out of empty water bottles .... it's lovely how the trip to the Space Centre has sparked their imaginations .... not so lovely when the water-bottle-rockets are launched straight into my face but can't fault these baby rocket scientists for their enthusiasm. 24 more for me please xxxx