Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sarahas

Originally Posted by atalose View Post

This is what a relationship with an active addict looks like. If you can’t accept who and how he is then you really have no business being in a relationship with him.

What are the things you have in common? What are the things you could possible talk about with an active addict? What hobbies could an active addict possible have besides wanting drugs, seeking out drugs and getting high? What about intimacy? Is there any in this relationship? If so, is it sex he comes around for?

Not trying to be mean here but you have created some kind of a great relationship with him when he comes around while he seems to have found a great enabler. Someone who accepts his absence or accountability to a relationship. Someone who is waiting with open arms after being disrespected, discounted and ignored for days at a time. Someone who accepts unacceptable behavior in a relationship.

I just don't know what to do or think, I feel like I've lost myself. I see him with other girls that are friends and it's hard for me, I get jealous...my mind is very mixed up and I feel like I'm not good enough or it's something about me... These past couple of days have been really hard on me.