View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Thank you I welcome all outside perspective here. I have been really understanding and supportive and I haven't seen much in the way of change. I am planning on moving in for a variety of reasons, my apartment is moldy and floods, and his place is very inexpensive and we would both have studio space. We would be able to see how we function together, and I would be able to save a lot of money and I could afford to have a car. We have wanted to be together for a long time, just to be able to grocery shop and cook and be in the same place would be wonderful. There's this issue of his employment and motivation that's really killing me
Hi Plenny,
I think those are huge issues though and I'm not sure they make up for the idea of wanting to live together for financial reasons. It's a very big decision to choose to live with someone- if things don't work out, it gets very, very messy. I've had to move out of living with boyfriends many times when I was younger and it is not a good experience.

I think if you are in doubt and looking for outside opinions, there is a reason for that. I think deep down you know that he is not the one for you.

I wasted 5 years of my life with someone like this- someone I knew wasn't good for me. I hope you can avoid that type of pain even though in the end I do believe we all have to learn our own lessons.

You deserve better. That's what I can see from over here. And I don't think he truly makes you happy.

Sending you hugs and clarity through all of these clouds. You will know the right thing to do when the time comes. Trust your instincts (not your head or logic). They are always right.