Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
atalose

I am sick of not seeing him for days at a time, i am sick of being alone and feeling alone on my week-ends, i am sick of him putting drugs and god knows what else before me, i am mad at myself for letting all this bug me

This is what a relationship with an active addict looks like. If you can’t accept who and how he is then you really have no business being in a relationship with him.

We have a lot in common and a lot of the same interests, and views on things. We can actually talk, we’re both ourselves when we’re together and it’s not all about him using, we talk about hobbies and life and past experiences... I see a side of him that isn’t just a “user” we both have a loving respect for each other and when I see him I light up, I truly love him...I hate these down times when I know it’s the addiction but can’t help think it’s about me.
What are the things you have in common? What are the things you could possible talk about with an active addict? What hobbies could an active addict possible have besides wanting drugs, seeking out drugs and getting high? What about intimacy? Is there any in this relationship? If so, is it sex he comes around for?

Not trying to be mean here but you have created some kind of a great relationship with him when he comes around while he seems to have found a great enabler. Someone who accepts his absence or accountability to a relationship. Someone who is waiting with open arms after being disrespected, discounted and ignored for days at a time. Someone who accepts unacceptable behavior in a relationship.