View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Be123

Thanks for your responses. It’s interesting hearing different and complementary opinions

My gut instinct is I need to cut back work to enable me to work on my sobriety , but this is obviously very hard in a world where money is very necessary! In fact I think I need to re-imagine my working life as the drive to impress seems less important now. Maybe that’ll return as sobriety develops

Mr M Man, replies to you

1 - I do enjoy it but I don’t enjoy the pressure. It does not give me energy but I do like most colleagues. As with dee a lot of pressure may be self induced but I don’t choose that here and now. I dread all the questions and demands on me

2 - my plan is a work in progress. Some very basic and practical stuff on the end of the work day (food, refuge etc). Some concrete plans to avoid risky situations. My work is not routine and this in itself is a challenge in my fledgling sobriety

The ongoing plan includes meditation and exercise, eating well, introducing a bit of routine to my life (there has been NONE for years). Someone said somewhere on here about not standing still but always trying to improve yourself and so I have aspirations on connecting with my spiritual self and approaching some really bad thinking patterns. But these are a bit longer term, I’m happy enough eating, sleeping, walking, meditating at being grateful at this early stage

Bottom line is I’m not going to drink, but I want to make my life better, and that of my family. I’m not sure going back to my old ways, minus drink, will do that

No rush deciding I guess