Thread: Freshly sober
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KK28

Same Boat, we will not sink, we are going to fight!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Serenity18 View Post
I've been trying to get sober from alcohol for some time now. The physical pain keeps stopping me. Is there any advice on how to help this without going to a treatment facility? I have to work full time and have a family. I have to do this at home unfortunately. Thanks for any advice!
Im in the exact same boat, i mean exact boat. We are in a hard place, I wish i could just up and go in to some kind of nice facility to just give myself a break and i only need like 6 months i think to just properly pull it together but i'm a 1 woman army trying to fight so many enemies by myself. All i can say is just pray and gather your strength to fight yourself out. That's how i ended up here looking for support and just need a outlet for my thoughts. Hopefully your inner most will power will kick in on over drive. Take it 1 day at a time, and don't be hard on yourself. This is not something that came over you in 1 day or night, it took years and it will take the rest of your life to fight, even when we get completely sober and clean, we have to remember this disease is and always will be with us. We are fighting to be free of its torment so take it easy and try to stay busy, it feeds off fear loneliness and secrets. So find someone to talk to to get it off your chest, i prefer a doctor because you don't have to worry about judgement and you can be totally honest about everything, lol sometimes drinking and drugging lead to some crazy episodes. lol that's what i call them (my drunk episodes) and let me tell you alot of them are embarrassing and wild but with time stuff get old and eventually its all gone stop, keep your faith and believe God is right there with you. LOve KK28