View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bmur1489

12 Steps without the meetings

I/m completely new to posting on forums and SR in general. I don't exactly understand what is off limits to post about, so if I am out of bounds please let me know. I was glad to see this topic seeing as this was the reason I joined SR to begin with. My issue is that I am really introverted, even without drugs. So, I have attended some NA meetings in the past and even had a sponsor for a short period of time. However, I never got to work on the 12 steps or progress into recovery. I want to work on the steps, but feel that until I have been clean for some time I will not feel like going to meetings and will definitely not push myself to get anything out of it. I will feel awkward and like I do not belong there. I know that over time it will be important to surround myself with others who are in recovery. My question is : Can I begin practicing the steps, with the help of this site and many other resources, without going to meetings? know a sponsor is important, but I feel that with the access of tons of information and sites like this, I can make a go of implementing the steps in my life. Thanks for the time everyone, it will be a great help to me.