View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
August252015

My story is in the first year forum too, but I am not good wi links!

Like others, I remember points of progress and change, and mostly ups with lessening downs. I was VERYsick when I quit and had a lot of physical healing to do on top of the rest of it. See a good. Article on PAWS on digitaldharma.net under tab PAWS. There is also a great book called Living Sober that describes the first year well. It is not an AA text but it is a Hazelden pub which does put out AA approved lit.

In a nutshell, I noticed a good jump forward at about 100 days. I am a dedicated AAer and began working a dedicated program from the beginning. There are other programs and I would suggest committing to a plan of action, whatever that is. Plenty of folks around here to share their successes.

I had to learn about my underlying anxiety. I had to prioritize health and then increasing emotional sobriety. I noticed things like a quite irritable week in the fourth month, a rough eighth, my best til that point at 11...I considered myself in early sobriety till at least a year and a half. My third year has brought increasing stability and exploration of my recovery lifestyle developed during the first two years. Recovery is the top priority in my life and everything, decision, relationship including my marriage is based on that. It is wonderful.

There are a lot of good threads and folks here. Hope you stay with us in your journey.