View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
August252015

First, glad you are here and great job on getting sober.

Second, work is a legit worry and practical reality. It's one the folks above have good comments about for sure. For me, in short, work had to become a priority well after my recovery and other things such as my health, relationships and others. I am also one who has had to learn and at times "relearn" what that means, that I can only make good decisions not being in control of he outcome and that has so far resulted in two jobs that are also roles I love, one directly related to recovery in my industry, food and BEV.

Practically, I am also an AAer so diff jobs in my two and a half years sober have meant finding and choosing to go to meetings that fit each schedule. No matter what. They are a line item in my weekly schedule. Also, I chose the habit (note the word chose) of a morning recovery and devotional program and every day I get up however early I need to in order to spend that time.

Trusting my HP and practical situations like havi a husband who is willing to make financial choices with me so we support my work choices is both a blessing and a learning process.

Ultimately, I believe that we can get and stay sober in any situation, job, relationship, life event or [] if we want it more than anything else.

I also have to take everything I said one day at a time!

You can do it.