View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Let me preface by sayign I've never been a business owner or manager but I have been responsible for other people at various times.

I've spoken before how I was the self appointed general manager of the universe and in the past I wore myself into the ground with responsibilities either given to me or responsibilities I assumed.

Altho I had a good heart I wasn't really working from altruism as much as I was working from fear - fear of things not working out, fear of letting people down, and fear that if things did go belly up it being seen as my fault.

I gave up worrying about such things in recovery - not right away but I worked and chipped away at it bit by bit.

I learned I wasn't indispensable - and that was oddly painful and yet freeing at the same time.

I learned to delegate and to let go of expectations, and other people stepped up to the plate

Other people may not work in the way I did but the job still got done....and I had a little more time to devote to other very important things in my life.

I know as the owner theres always got to be some level of involvement for you - but honestly if you work yourself into the ground so much that only a husk is left and battering yourself unconscious by drinking is your only respite, you're not going to last very long anyway.

Take it from someone who was very nearly not here - be smarter than me

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-13-2018 at 04:54 AM.