View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Done played 'that card' on us.

TS, PMS and 'life stuff' IS just an excuse..you don't get a day off from your children do you? You can see/read my thread history on here and see how hard it was for me throughout the years..Several breakups from a 13+yr relationship..daughter troubles..business troubles..people dying in my arms,that I had cared for 7+yrs..ect..LIFE. The only one I didn't drink at/over was the last one. I was about 15mo sober(I'm about 19 now) at the time..They were/are only excuses. The planets will never align for sobriety. It's on me,us,you to get the help we need and take the action(s) towards that goal. Even when sober, life still happens.. Have you considered AA?
I have to agree with this also. My history with depression and even a diagnosis of bipolar then BPD (neither exactly correct as it has evolved, in sobriety) as well as lifelong anxiety....none of it was legit excuses not to quit. Harder to break a cycle and scary to quit drinking for sure- also the only way to end those cycles. And now I can deal with anxiety as my primary mental health concern.

The bottom line is an alcoholic has one ultimate choice: quit or die. That second one is a matter of when why and how.

I know you are new here and I am not tying to be unsympathetic at all. In fact, I can r late to the vicious cycl s of mental illness and they are indeed real. But is is too important not to be completely honest right here and now.