View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Ditto to what others have posted. Drinking makes everything worse, both mentally and physically. I also had suffered bad PMS. Now I’m having bad menopause. I’m not sure which is worse! I also suffer from phases of anxiety and depression, which is partly due to my genetic makeup and partly brought on by life stress. I drank to self medicate and ease the pain of all of it. While a few drinks made me feel better in the immediate short term, in the long run it made everything worse and I also had poor judgement and made bad decisions while drinking. I see so much more clearly now that I don’t drink at all. I’d rather stay present and feel intensely through a day of family or work stress or bad hot flashes and feel good that usually the next day it’s all behind me (or at least I continue to handle things in a healthy way), than drink through it and create more emotional and physical anguish for myself for three days or longer then just stay caught up in that whole loop. It’s really horrible. I don’t know if this makes sense? I hope you will consider additional support like AA as another posted or maybe therapy? Therapy has been a tremendous support for me. It does take a while to even out so be kind to yourself!