View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I hope you can 'get it', I really do and I say this as kindly as possible... I'm just unsure how the above makes any sense or where you heard it from. If alcohol fuels your depression(it fueled mine, along with added anxiety) and you can't quit while depressed...then you're going to be stuck in a never ending 'loop' of drinking. I mean you had made it 12days already,while depressed... Are you planning on drinking until your depression goes away?..that'll never perminately happen at this point. You've crossed that "line" with the drink already.

Edit: just saw dee's post.
I understand that you can’t understand the level of my mood swings. Timing of quitting can determine my success or not. If I’m having bad PMS which I suffer terribly from, it’s not an ideal time to quit but I’m trying it anyway. There is a week afterwards where my mood is relatively stable and getting through the first week is a lot easier. Not making excuses. I understand though that men may not understand. I’m at an age where my moods are all over. It makes it a lot harder though it’s always been hard for me to quit. I’m just hoping that the worst of this depression will get out of the way soon so this will not be so damn hard. And yes it is vicious cycle!