View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Originally Posted by Bmc1105 View Post
Much gratitude to all of you for the welcome and thoughtful words of encouragement. I feel like I’ve been living (but yet not really living) in a closet for years, and while this is incredibly difficult and painful, finding support on this site has already helped me with day 5. Example- many of you reminded me to “just not drink” today, and because of YOU, I was able to not go down the WINE AISLE at the grocery store today. Did I want to? Of course; savignon blanc is my BEST FRIEND EVUH!!! (Not)- but your voices came into my head and reminded me “just don’t drink.” And so I didn’t. Thank you. Much love and support to you all. I look forward to getting to know y’all better. -B
That’s great to hear! I can pass by alcohol and not want it... until I want it. Something triggers me even if I don’t know what, and I just start obsessing over it. You will have those days too, you’ll feel tired, hopeless, lonely and you won’t feel as strong as you do today. Just be prepared and come here as often as you can and let yourself eat whatever you want instead of caving into the wine, in these early days most of us could eat anything and still take in less calories than when we drank! Once I feel better I start to DO better, EAT better and LOVE better. And you will tackle the tasks you have before you when this takes place. You’re an exhausted mother, but you found a great place of support now. And I too had dental work I put off. I finally had it done and they set up a payment plan for me. If you’re in pain don’t put that off. Many dentists do take payment plans. Start to chip away at everything you need and want to get done but don’t overdo it, rest and ask for help when you need it.