View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
theVman31
Mr

Woken up at 05:00 by my dog who discovered a hedgehog in the garden. He was barking mad

Welcome to the weekender Rae.
Nice job MantaLady.
Gilmer (Kathy) hope everything has settled down for your daughter.
LHW if you're feeling down over the weekend come on here and post it.
Dragon if I ever have any moving to do I will think of you

I was thinking about not writing about it but I need to vent a little. I found out a few days ago that my older brother had disappeared again fell completely off the radar for about 3 weeks.
Well he came home to my mothers a few days ago jobless moneyless and the proverbial broken down wreck. It's back to rehab and detox. It's been that way for years and it's getting real annoying....

And My brother in law, sister's husband, who is 44 had an operation on Wednesday for prostate cancer. He was diagnosed with a PSA of 20 a few weeks ago and he was high on some other scale too (Gleason score) . Preliminary tests say it had not spread. An aggressive prostate cancer in a young man of 44 is more serious than in an older man. The operation lasted 5.5 hours. The surgeon said he had to "go wide" and removed lymph nodes... The consequences of the operation may be very serious, life changing, potential problems with bowel and bladder control (incontinence) not to mention some other couple stuff... The future is going to be a challenge for him my sister and their two small children.....

Sorry about all the venting...

On a brighter note we are off to the camping site this morning for a week in the mountains. So next post from the tent hopefully

Need coffee....