View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Thanks for all the support guys and gals

So the meeting was a bit weird but in a way perfect for my first one. The chair of the meeting was new to running his own meeting so he was really nervous. There were only 4 other people there, aparantly the one on this night they are trying to keep going as it is not a popular night for recovering alcoholics in Yorkshire haha! There are 2 others at the same place in the week and they are much busier aparantly. Still, it was nice as it was small, I shared a bit which I didn't think I would have the courage to do but I did. I am going to another one tonight in a different village about 15 minutes drive from me so will see how that compares, still not 100% sold on the meetings but I promised myself I would try out quite a few in the first month home before I make a decision if it is for me or not. I am defo going to join the online SMART Recovery Meetings though, the opposite of addiction is connection...and bloody well connected I am gonna get myself!

Got a mail from the gas company who have decided to double my payments, I am in significant credit with them alread, they know I have been away for 2 months so have used no gas yet they tell me there is nothing I can do about it nor can I have my chunky credit balance back. I have to give them another reading next month and the month after and they will take a look then to see if I might go back down to the same payment as before. Argh!!! Usually I would have been drinking when I made the call to these types of shysters, would have flipped my lid and then drunk more at the frustration and anger, glad I can let it go today and keep my decorum!

I got a new apple watch today so I can track my health goals and exercise, I love shiny new toys! It can connect to the equipment at my gym and log all my training and I can take it swimming! I need to learn how to use it proper though as I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to this sort of stuff, nothing like trying to "get down with the kids" to make you feel your age haha!

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing good, be good and be kind to yourselves xx