View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NerfThis

Thank you all!

soberista- Thank you x .You are absolutely right. I either have perfect control, or I plunge into no control. The easiest way to handle that is to never drink!

Dee74- This board, the comments yourself and others make have been absolutely vital in me understanding that I need to abstain entirely. I know you will help a great many more people!

Anna- Yep! I find abstaining SO much easier than trying to avoid binge drinking with friends and drinking the next day.

bexxed- Thank you! I'll be sticking close to these forums as they've been of such great help to me.

Gerard52- Thank you. If you are not rock bottom then it's actually a tough thing to come to terms with (The fact you should never drink again) It's such a big part of our lives and it's hard to imagine life without it. My problem was that I was noticing it was getting worse and becoming aware of my lack of control in some situations. I joined these boards and found MANY people with identical situations to me. I am fortunate in that I don't suffer anything like withdrawal when I quit and I don't crave alcohol. It's just that once I start drinking in a social situation, I can't stop. I know that it can only get worse, not better. I tried to make it better and moderate, but have proved that doesn't work for me. trying to moderate comes with many risks, but not drinking at all comes with absolutely none. Stick close to these forums and I'm confident you'll find it easier and easier to accept a sober life.

Last edited by NerfThis; 08-06-2018 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Miss spelling of a member's name