Thread: Day 17
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Buckley3

Hey, I've been following some of your posts so far and just want to really compliment you on how much you are owning this and active in educating yourself, reflecting, etc..

I tend to believe those are really good signs. At the least it's similar to the approach I've taken so maybe that's why I find it endearing.

At any rate - kudos! I appreciate your thoughtfulness in your posts.

As for the social stuff - yea I can relate. In the past 5+ months I've largely limited myself to work and home. I too spend a lot of time to myself. Which isn't new for me, and doesn't really bother me. I enjoy being alone.

But as I consider the social life that I do want to create for myself I'm finding that what I envision is changing. The longer I stay sober the less interest I have in returning to old places. I consider it a gift really that I have reduced my social footprint to a handful of people I know really get me and really enrich my life. It provides a tabula rasa for me. The social life I create will be fresh. I'll be deliberate. I'll explore. And I'm finding this period of reflection and healing is giving me some pretty good vision for where the boundaries are going to be for what I engage in and what I accept in my life.

It'll be an adventure. And will require some exploration. But I'm looking forward to it. And I largely get to do it on my terms.

There's no hurry. Self-compassion and self-reliance first. A solid foundation of sober muscle first... etc. etc.

B