View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Cripes! so many new people on the thread this weekend

1st week home and so far everything has been going well (not trying to tempt fate here lol). I have absolutely no desire to drink but the odd thing is my auto-pilot mind hasn't realised I don't drink anymore. I have had a few moments this week where my mind thought "I'll pick up a bottle for tonight", not really out of stress or cravings in particular but more like when I moved house in the past, whilst driving home and not paying attention, I drove to my old house forgetting I had just moved! I catch the thought immediately and are not worried that I will pick up without realising but it just shows me how strongly the brain gets re-wired when we are in active addiction and how much work and consistent effort I need to put in to re-wire it in the right way. One thing that is firm in my mind is that no matter how bad things get, or how anxious/depressed/stressed I may get in life is that alcohol is not the solution and never will be. I used to say that as it was the right thing to say, but now I believe it with every fibre of my being. 52 days sober and I am so grateful that today has been a good sober day. xx