View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
kenton

I love my kids. I love excitement. I love getting ready to go on holiday. But .....if I hear 'how many hours til we get on the plane?' one more time ..... I fear I may curl up inside one of the suitcases and hide. I just found my 7 year old son sitting on his packed suitcase, holding his hand luggage bag and his comic, fully dressed, wearing shoes and sunglasses and telling me, 'mum, I'm ready to go to the airport.' I replied, 'that's lovely darling, but our plane doesn't leave for another 6 days'. If anyone's interested, it's 145 hours until we get on the plane. I know this because I get asked a zillion times each day. But as I say, I love my kids and I love excitement which is just as well as I've got 145 more hours of this pre-holiday frenzy before we even set off for the airport. And I can't blame my kids as they've got me as a mother and the truth is....I'm probably more excited than all of them! I've booked our fast pass rides at Disney and created an itenary for whilst we're away..... I'm ready and raring to go. Just need to get through the next 145 hours.....

Prayers and support to everyone having a tough time. Wish I had some words of wisdom. From my experience, feeling the bad stuff somehow seems to help in clearing the bad stuff. Sometimes there are no easy answers .... we just need to feel it. Meditation always helps me. Slowing the mind down a little seems to help get the important stuff into perspective. I think of meditation as getting beneath the chatter. And sometimes I need to get beneath the chatter to work out the best way to proceed.

Just realised that I celebrate 1 year and 9 months of sobriety today. Couldn't have got to this point without all of you. I'm so grateful to have you all in my life. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today .... 24 more hours for me please ..... and in 24 hours there will be 121 hours til we get on the plane. . . Just saying xxxxx