Old 08-01-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bernie8402

I have spent the last 2 months getting back to some hobbies of mine. Ive always enjoyed the outdoors and love to hike and play golf. I did those things while drinking just not that often because I was always too hungover to get up in the morning. After several no shows I started to lose invites to go hiking and play golf or I just wouldn't setup a tee time to begin with for fear my Friday or Saturday night would get out of control and I wouldn't make it up in the morning. Ive enjoyed getting back to those things. Im so much better at golf sober. Getting back into hiking has been really good spiritually too. I like going for hikes alone to enjoy nature and have some good me time.

Ive also taken up reading quite a bit. Ive read several self help/recovery books in the past couple months. One book wont teach you everything but there are many takeaways from all of them that you can put into practice in your life.

Ive also built a home gym and having been working out regularly. Lost 30 pounds and feeling much better eating a proper diet.

Just take it a day at a time and focus on rediscovering you. its a process.
Bernie