View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bunchie

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
The choice is to swallow the poison.

There's no option as to what the poison does to us. For many, they can take or leave it. For all of us here it's a demon. And we don't have a choice there.
I agree, I think or rather I know if I stop for one or two, it ends up being at least 6 beers before I leave and sometimes more. The old joke at the bar is is ok this is the final final.Then on occasion it will be way worse , I will leave house to get something at hardware store stop in at bar next to store , say I will have 2 or 3 , but it turns out 6 or 7 and then I am too buzzed to do what I set out to do. Normal drinkers do not have this problem they stop have 2 and go out their business. So I think wether you drink everyday or just binge on weekends if you can not stop at 2 and leave bar in peace your brain is wired alcoholically , some binge drinkers I know are in denial on this. They think because they have a job they are functional alcoholics, I do not believe there is such a thing because the alcohol is still affecting your life between binges .