View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 05:31 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have only ever quoted myself once before....ha! It is a strange thing to do, but I am going to interrupt back if I may.

I didn't say I was trying to fit in.....no chance. That is not now & never will be a goal of mine because it's as you said Kev: a duck trying to fly with the pigeons......or be a pigeon. I can't. I'm a duck. And I'm happy being a duck.

But I can acclimate....make my surroundings and life/lifestyle conducive to calm and peace and health.....all of the things that the AV hates.

I am the strange gloxinia plant that pops up amongst the garden flowers, and no one knows what it is....my leaves grow bigger every year and suddenly, beautiful bell-shaped flowers appear.....so different from other flowers....so strong, so sturdy.....but if you prod them or don't treat them right, they fall off.

I am strong, but I am also fragile and I must protect that fragility.
I am different than most people I know, pretty much everyone really and that's OK. It's wonderful actually.....we all get our own unique experience.

We don't need to fit in with anyone....it's as Willow said....we can join with compassion and intellect and in whatever way we want whilst still remaining true to ourselves.

That's very beautifully said lovely Venus! <3

I think I misunderstood you first. I tried all my life to fit in, to be more compatible with others. I always felt so wrong and faulty. Like it was wrong to be me, like I was wrong by default. I didn't even like being really good or best at things cause it would cause me to be different. I just wanted to be the average. Just one of them.
It's a very new thing for me to be myself and I still find it difficult. Especially when doing so results in negative feedback.