Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
helloxdarling

BDTL, I may have to try a meeting eventually then. It does sound like a good atmosphere, I just don't do good with people. Social situations are a trigger of mine. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm not quite as on edge I could try to find a ride to one. I'm sure my anxiety and fear of it is blown out of proportion, I just don't want to rush into it too soon and fall down again.

Thank you Dee74 I am liking this forum setting so far, and I feel a little more hopeful than earlier today. Only been sober since bar close on Saturday but all day yesterday I was sick and mentally beating myself up and coming here has helped me not get so stuck in my depression following a bad night of bingeing. Thank you for your words.

Thank you Mark1014. I find it hard to talk about, because no one in my life other than my very best friend knows how I feel. But I don't like leaning on her for this at all, because she recently has started on her own recovery and I don't want to trigger her backwards. This is the only forum section I have looked at so far, but I will try to become more familiar with the rest of it in the next few days. Any posts you recommend reading first?