View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks for sharing and thanks for being my friend too Venuscat love you ❤️
What you said, being “other than “ is key. I think we often feel like we’re different or don’t fit in. I know I certainly do! Moving to the states would have been HUGE! I’ll bet the AV was so excited about so many excuses to drink... A testament to your amazingness and your strength that you didn’t give in to it! And finding ways to feel part of your surroundings and included is really important ❤️❤️
On the flip side I think we also have to be a bit careful about what we choose to fit in with.... just as an example for me at the moment, I’m a fair bit older than most of my fellow uni students many of which want to go to the uni club beer garden after class and have drinks, which is just too much temptation for me right now.... so I’m trying to fit in with them in other ways but I only choose to fit in with them on the compassion and teamwork level without engaging in their social life
Sorry for intruding, but I have been thinking so much about the whole "fitting in" thing. I've been trying to fit in all my life, always felt like the odd one. But it takes me so much energy to fit in. So I am starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to just accept that I do not fit in and be okay with it instead. I feel a bit like a duck trying to fit in with pigeons. It's possible and if I try hard the pigeons will see me as one of them but it's not in my nature to sit on trees, I feel much more myself swimming in the pond.