View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
Checking in for another 24 hours please, 6.30am from a beautiful morning in tropical North Queensland
I’m feeling very grateful for you all on SR ❤️ I’ve had a few triggers the last few days but have managed to let them slide on by without acting on them, largely by reading your posts. Banished that sneaky AV a few more times. I think the AV is like a chameleon, it keeps changing it’s appearance and tries to surprise me and trick me by camouflaging it’s arguments and sugar coating them. But I’m getting wiser to it’s tricks. Must remain vigilant though and keep an eye out for it’s new tricks...

Stay strong everyone, love and support to you all ❤️ Xx
May I share?

Gonna sound silly....but moving here was a massive culture shock. Not good for me.....well, very good for my AV who started drooling....so I have found some interesting ways to acclimate and tell my devil to go the heck AWAY.....the accents were so strange, the ads.....I don't do TV....so I decided to change it up and I subscribed to YouTube TV for a month....I am listening to US stuff and starting to enjoy it.....starting to not feel like a Martian here....

I say this because this has been a HUGE trigger for me. Feeling different. Feeling alone. Feeling other than....sound familiar? So I fixed it. I am an Aussie American now....and I claim it.....my AV can go jump in the lake.

Love you Willow...thank you for being my friend. ♥♥