View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by KarltheheretiK View Post
Well, I can't tell from your handle if you're male or female, but being called "oppositional" at work could be a sexism thing?

I'm pretty sure ODD is being called something else these days, so don't be surprised if you can't find it under ODD. It's a strange condition with odd side effects. And again, let's not totally underrate the power of labels. In fact, many cultures and religious traditions throughout time believed you gain power over people and otherworldly entities when you find out their name.
I'm a female. When I was called "oppositional" at work it was by another female. There was no sexism in it, but the one that accused me of that has her own issues and is/was fairly insecure in her profession. I let it blow over. If someone wants to call me oppositional just because I'm doing the right thing, there's not much I can do about it. I prefer to think I am true to myself and I want to be authentic. Do I always carry that off all the time? No. But it's how I want to be. Authentic.