View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
AAPJ

Good morning ladies. We are at OBX this week for vacation and as SFL probably already knows the weather on the entire east coast of the USA is just loaded with rain so we expect our vacation to be a bit substandard compared to prior years. Discussed it with my wife and we are just trying to make the best of it. Attitude attitude attitude.

We are not eating "right" The ice cream stands keep calling our name. I think we just decided to go on a bit of a binge. Oh well. We are with several families who all rent together from back home so the children have many friends to play with or hang out with which is good.

Going back to my drum beat and getting on my soapbox now... please stop being so hard on yourselves. 42 and children... worried that you don't look so good? Pleeze… its called natural aging. Look I know none of you regular posters are quitters and I doubt any of you are just letting yourselves go. I just think you make it harder on yourselves with excessive worrying. Even the fittest looking mom in our group does not look like she did before children. And she really really works at it. She's a stay at home with a personal trainer. For my wife focusing on more on fitness and eating right has really helped her feel better. Has she lost all the weight she wants to lose? No. But I keep telling her how glad I am that she feels better. She really committed to a grain free keto type diet at the beginning of the year and while it hasn't changed her appearance as much as she had hoped it has really improved her mood and overall health. It's nice that probably 9 out of 10 days she wakes up feeling pretty darn good. A real improvement from a couple of years ago. Last comment on my wife's eating/fitness program. Over the years she's tried a lot of fitness programs/gyms. Most have not been successful because she could not keep it up. About a year ago she joined Orange Theory. For her this has been the best fitness program she has ever tried. Not sure why it has worked so well but it has. YMMV.

Wishing you all a great day. Signed the token male in the thread.