View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Sorry for posting yet again...

Right now I feel like drinking looks like an option (not a good one) again, for the first time in months. My life has been so painful so far and it gets too much to process or deal with sometimes. I never get quite enough time to recover from one painful thing when the next already happens. It keeps adding. I wish I could still numb it, just for a night. Like I could do it with the booze for a while. I know it stopped working for me and I don't want to go back to having to drink all day every day ever again. I just wish I could turn off the pain sometimes. Constant pain. It's so hard. Sometimes I really lose hope that it will change. I am still young, I don't want my future to be as painful as my past was. But it keeps coming. Always more pain. And more. I am so exhausted.

And I have to go through it alone. Always alone when life gets tough. It's always the same, it just keeps repeating.
I want to share something with you.

The booze NEVER stopped working for me. Not ever. I could have kept going until my kidneys and liver and brain and feet and eyes and everything else that was failing just stopped. Probably I would have had a heart attack and they would have found me smelling of chardonnay.

I was dying.

Sometimes it takes years to stop again once we pick up.....it's not worth it. It really isn't.

And the bad stuff will pass and you will learn to deal with it all more easily.....I know every month sober I am stronger.

Hope you slept love. ♥♥♥