Thread: 90 Days
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Primativo

Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
Congratulations! lm coming up on 90 days myself next week and l agree with everything you have said. Having a clearer mind is great, a healthier body, increased emotional stability and just getting a bit of joy back.

I am finding things starting to get a bit mundane though, what about you? It might just be all the rain at the moment (l usually workout outside).

Keep it up
Yes actually I do have moments when I think to myself "is this it?".

I think people talk a lot about a pink cloud. Now I've come to 90 days I almost feel like, "Ok I've done it. Now what?". It almost felt like an anticlimax in a weird sort of way. Like the novelty of recovery wears off.

What I am choosing to do however is to throw myself even more into stimulating hobbies and passions to help fill my time and give me focus. Plus even more exercise and weights.

The thing is, alcohol had such a destructive hold over my life, I know that even if life is mundane a bit sometimes, it is a million times better than being hungover, obsessing about my next alcoholic drink, depression, anxiety, swollen stomach, GI problems, and all the other things alcohol caused....

Keep going