Old 07-26-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
skipper123

Originally Posted by sokatie View Post
Last month, I quit drinking for about 2 weeks. I felt really good about things! Then, my husband came home with all the ingredients for mojitos. A drink I love, and he doesn't. Of course, I drank and that ended that attempt at sobriety.

I'd love to connect with others that have or have had similar issues to learn how to overcome this problem.
My ex husband was like that whenever we had a fight he would call me an alcoholic and blame me for whatever we were fighting about even though he is an alcoholic too. Anyways any time I decided enough was enough and I wanted to be sober he would tell me that I was being ridiculous and of course I can drink just don’t get too drunk 😖 he totally wanted a drinking partner as long as it suited his agenda . He would even expect me to sit at the bar with him for hours on end when I was pregnant and couldn’t drink . Glad I got rid of his sorry ass ! Sorry still bitter .
Thank goodness my new husband doesn’t drink so I have a lot of support . If I had to do it all over again I would have told my ex to go drink without me and if he drank at home I would not be around him .
This is our time to take care of ourselves if our spouses are not obviously only thinking about their fun than it’s ok for us to only think about our health!!! Good luck 🍀