Old 07-26-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Atlast9999

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
but also we need to remember that at all times WE own our sobriety, no one else. we do not drink no matter what. and if that means leaving the house for a bit, or heading to a meeting, or locking ourselves in the bedroom, then short term, it's what we do.
I agree completely with Anvil on this. My husband, and my father who lives with us, are active drinkers. My husband still asks me to stop on my way home and buy alcohol and even asks me to mix his drinks!! My husband has a drinking problem.

My father is a normie and doesn’t usually care about alcohol one way or the other. Since I’ve quit, he purchases my favorite drinks and likes to tell me just how tasty they are. He also has become a mixologist and offers me a taste every time he mixes a drink.

My words seem to fall on deaf ears. But I own my decision not to drink and choose not to indulge. As for the mixing of my hisband’s drinks, it’s amazing how “busy” I get with chores or the kids and just can’t seem to find the time to mix him one.

It’s maddening and frustrating and makes me feel very negative towards them but ultimately it is my own grit and determination that keep me from taking one sip.